September 11, 2009

September 11, 2001

My little Sonflower Sister was barely one year old, and still sleeping. I'd snuck downstairs to check email. My mother instant-messaged me to tell me about the first plane to hit a tower in New York City. Immediately, I thought: Terrorists? That wasn't even a word in our vocabulary back then. I ran upstairs and turned on live television coverage just in time to see the second plane hit the tower. All the while, my baby slept snug and cozy in her bed. And all I wanted to do was wake her up so I could hold and protect her.

How did the events of 9/11/01 affect your and your daughter?

1 comment:

  1. 9/11 made me realize even more that I WANTED a daughter, children, a family. A little more than a year later, our first daughter was born!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving us a note! We moderate our comments to protect our daughters from offensive material.